Sunday, October 27, 2013

Have You Met Nate?




Twenty weeks of suggestion taking, and the quality has remained impressive, inspiring, and challenging.  This is everything I ever wanted! Thank you.
Erica offered an incredible suggestion, which will require more tact and research than others—but one that I would like to undertake. I'm going to work towards putting this out before too long. If anyone wants to contribute, please message me a story, experience, or any nugget of information that lends credence or gives agency to this topic. All opinions are welcome.
John's suggestion brought back memories of when I was 8 years old—and I watched The Accused.
I don't have much of a filter either, and if you haven't guessed by now, John and I are related. 
Let's move on!
Whitney's suggestion is happy and delightful. Certainly it is not for me to say what is appropriate, but this does inspire some video magic. We'll definitely be voting for this in the next Stiff Competition Edition.
And Danny, well—he makes his own magic. This brought me smiles all day. Thank you Danny. 
PIIMM is still working on your Amazon inspired video. 
It will be published in the '13. 

Our winner this week is my awesome neighbor Nate. 
Nate lives across the street. We met the weekend he moved in—on Super Bowl Sunday when I was (appropriately) drunk and locked out of my house with no phone. Nate was home with his girlfriend *Brittany Murphy*. The two of them were so wonderful and friendly. They invited me in, let me use the phone, and insisted I have a beer and watch the game with them.  Surprisingly, it was less awkward than you might imagine this situation could be, "Hi, I'm your neighbor. I'm a bit drunk and locked out of my home. May I use your phone"?
Every story has an angle. This story is not what it appears. I found out later that I had knocked on the door about three quarters of a minute after they broke up. 
Yeah, I know. 
They graciously accepted the flow of the night and I never felt any tension. They transitioned when I made conversation focusing on them as a couple. They were either incredibly good improvisers or it was a very happy occurrence I was as drunk as I was and preoccupied with my current woe of being locked out. It was a nice evening, I still see *Brittany Murphy* and I see Nate almost everyday. 

When I visit Nate we spend a lot of time on his porch, drinking beer and bullshitting. Good neighbor fun. One of the things we delight in discussing is his adventures in online dating. He has magical stories. Stories I want to (embellish and) share with all of you, and now I have his permission. Nay, his encouragement. 

I have always been curious about online dating. Could an algorithm successfully accomplish what I had been so devastatingly unsuccessful at? 
But in earlier times, there was something of a stigma attached. If you were online dating (and a woman) you were perceived as desperate. Even though I admit now to feeling a bit desperate at times, I certainly wasn't willing to then. 
Luckily today, it is widely acceptable and is perceived as a viable solution to, not only dating, but meeting new people with common interest. I'm happy for this refreshing new outlook toward online dating.

Nate has some great stories, and I want to share them ALL with you.  One day I will satisfy our wants to see this in live action ... right now it requires a budget I simply don't have. I'm substituting these story boards in the interim. And since he has a lot of stories, I would love to release them as their own series in a sub category of Put It In My Mouth, we'll call it DATE NATE.
If you object to this, speak now or something.

Also, if you do want to date Nate... he has all those things ladies look for, financial stability (car, job, house, no pets but will take care of yours) LIVES ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME SO WE CAN HANG OUT LIKE ALL THE TIME SISTAS! 
But for those of you who know what really matters in life, here is all you need to know about Nate.
He is funny and has great taste in beer. 'Nuff said. 


*Her name has been changed to protect her privacy. I named her Brittany Murphy because, you guys, I really kind of miss her. :-(



Date Nate
Episode 1  







Episode 2












*I've never seen Nate with a mustache or a bow tie. I took some liberties.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's a dirty sanchez, but I get the point. As I am now entering into this world with both feet, I look forward to Nate's adventures so that I may repeat his experiments at length.

    ReplyDelete